Attendance Line: 425.204.3010 Available 24 hours a day.
Attendance Email: email@example.com
Remote Learning attendance INFORMATION
Regular school attendance is necessary for mastery of the educational program provided to students of the district. However, student absences are appropriate in certain circumstances.
Even in a remote environment, students are expected to be checking into EVERY class, EVERY day. Some days it will be a Zoom meeting; on others, it may be a check-in form and/or independent work. Teachers have posted their Purple and Gold day attendance expectations on their Google Classroom and/or Canvas page.
Remote Attendance Protocol:
- To be marked present, students must meet their class’s attendance expectations by 3 PM each day.
- If a student does not meet their attendance expectations for a class, they will receive an unexcused absence.
- Families of students with unexcused absences will receive an RSD Robocall at 5 PM each day notifying them of the periods that their student missed.
- If your student was not or is not able to attend class, please call or email the attendance office and their attendance will be adjusted appropriately.
- If your student needs to take a longer (3 days+) absence due to illness, travel, etc., please email that information to our attendance office.
- Any absence that is or exceeds THREE (3) periods in length will be counted as a full day absence. This includes absences at the beginning or end of the school day.
- To be eligible to participate in after-school activities, students must have been on time to school and in attendance the full school day (all assigned classes).
Renton School District is making a special effort to ensure that all students fully benefit from their education by attending school regularly. Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Consistent attendance will help children do well in high school, college, and at work.
Please take a minute to read this letter to your child(ren) and make a pledge together to attend school every day. Then, print, sign and have your child return this pledge to your school. Let's make school count, every day for every child!